6 Hacks On How To Clean Your Juicer – HelloJuicer
Juicers these days have trended a lot among regular households. Juicers are the easiest mean that can provide you a scrumptious glass of juice in very little time. Although, there are two types of juicers that you can buy in the market such as, electric juicers and manual juicers, but electric juicers are still considered as a better choice. The reason is the in the electric juicer, you don’t have to make much efforts for preparing the juice. But the most taxing part is how to clean your juicer.
If you already own a juicer then you might know that its really troubling to clean it. But we can help you in making this highly complex job lot less troublesome by following few important steps.
6 Tips to clean your juicer
Juicer cleaning is a very complex task. We will discuss some highly effective tips and tricks and clean all the parts, one at a time. We will learn how to clean juicer filter and also with easy juicer disassemble. Let’s dig deep into the subject:
- Most of us end up messing up the entire kitchen while making juice. Since it is liquid, it is meant to spill on the ground and kitchen counter, if not handled properly. I personally like keeping a towel under the juicer chute and pulp counter as well. This keep the juice from dripping and leaving a mark on my kitchen and when I end up with the juice making process, I have a clean kitchen.
- Pulp is most annoying to take off from the pulp collecting part. You can line your pulp jar with a biodegradable bag. This way, you will be able to save more pulp. Do you know, you can use the frozen pulp to make smoothie or veggie soup?
- Juicers catch marks and stains when we keep it dirty for hours. It is highly suggested to clean the juicer filter and other parts immediately after making the juice.
- Watermarks are the worst things that will make your machine appear ugly. Therefore, it is highly important to dry the machine once you have washed it. Also, the marks on the screen panel are very difficult to wipe off. It is important to clean the screen build up immediately. This can also be wiped away with the help of warm water mixed with vinegar.
- To clean juicer filter, you need to fill the bucket with hot soapy water for 5 – 10 minutes. This has to be done immediately after juicing. The pores that are left to dry can clog on the pores of the filter and diminish the effectiveness of your juicer. If the pores still appear blocked to you, you can increase the soaking time and clean it with a lime. Once all the particles are out, you can clean it with brush and set it to dry.
- If you use the storage jars like mason jars, you can once make the juice and store it for maximum 2 days. This way, you don’t have to use the machine routinely.
Cleaning Tricks Using Regular Kitchen Utilities
It is not necessary that we always have specific supplies to clean our juicer. Sometimes, it is better to do the task with the help of routine kitchen utilities such as cleaning a juicer with vinegar. Marvin helps us to give some useful tips about this. He also write blog about home improvement tools on his site. Check damntools to read his article. You can also clean juicer with baking soda since it also possesses the properties to take away all the unwanted marks and odor from the machine.
We mostly have things like vinegar and baking soda available at home. So, in order to clean the machine, you first have to take a large bucket and put some water in it (mostly lukewarm). Now put some vinegar in the bucket along with the water and soak all the parts of juicer in it.
Once all the particles are separated from the machine, it is wise to take a utensil cleaning scrubber and scrub the dirt away. Then you need to take a cotton cloth and damp dry all the parts of the machine.
In order to clean the exteriors, you can take a cotton cloth and soak it with vinegar water and clean the machine neatly. Baking powder can also be replaced with vinegar and rest of the process remains the same.
When our juicer can do so much for you then why can’t we keep it clean? It is important to know how to clean your juicer if you wish to consume a healthy and fresh glass of juice on regular basis. Also, it is very important for the hygiene purposes. So guys, we have shared some of these really exciting tips with you. Tell us your side of story on how you clean your juicer at home!