Kiwifruit will not just entertain your sense of taste, but also provide your body with the needed vitamins and minerals to support growth, boost immune defense, as well as speed up the metabolic rate. Kiwi Juicing Recipes are not difficult to find because the other fruits and vegetables that can be combined to the main ingredient are also the options that enhances more the flavor of the mixture.
Some people are always excited to mix kiwi juice with other ingredients as they are indeed, great experimental agents that would ignite curiosity of anyone who wants to achieve a juice mix with the taste that is appealing to everyone’s senses. Adding to the excitement is the green color of the fruit with black accents of its seeds.
Reminder on Juicing a Kiwi Fruit
The amazing fact about a Kiwi Fruit is that it combines all the flavors of the many other fruits. You can taste some strawberry from it, even pineapple, as well as nectarine with just one bite. Indeed, it is already a complete treat.
This is the reason why these kiwi fruits are an all-time favorite when it comes to juicing. Here are some simple tips to remember when juicing:
- Avoid kiwi that is already hard. This simply indicates that you can no longer get juice from it.
- Peel off the kiwi fruits before juicing, but you can leave some skin for a bitter taste.
- You will know that the fruit is ready for juicing when you have stored raw ones in a room temperature and when you touch it, the skin indents slightly.
You should know that once measured ounce for ounce, you can expect more vitamin C from kiwi than of what you can get from oranges. In terms of potassium, it has a greater amount that of that of bananas. When talking about fiber, it has more of this than of that of a celery.
Cucumber and Kiwi Juice Recipe
In this recipe, you can get the most refreshing kiwi juice in a tall glass. Just spend 20 minutes of your time in preparing the ingredients as follows:
- 4 Kiwi Fruits
- 2 Cucumbers
- ½ inch piece Galangal or Crushed Ginger
- Pepper and Salt to taste
- 2 Celery sticks
- 2 scoops of crushed ice
- 1 cup of water
- Sprouts to garnish
With these measurements of the ingredients, you can already get two servings of Kiwi juice. This will be very easy to prepare.
HOW TO DO IT?
- The first thing to do is to peel all the fruit ingredients and slice them into sized that can fit your juicer.
- To prepare the fruits and gain more water, chill them first for an hour.
- Extract the juices from the kiwi and cucumber and then blend them all with a powerful device to include the crushed ice in the mixture.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and blend them all. Use pepper and salt to enhance the flavor.
- Pour the juice into the prepared tall glasses and serve.
Strawberry and Kiwi Juice Recipe
Get a colorful delight from this refreshment.
- 4 cups of strawberry halves
- 1 cup quarter-peeled kiwifruit (you can use 2 kiwi fruits for this serving)
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (you can use 2 limes for this serving)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Ice is a great option
HOW TO DO IT?
- You have the option to juice first the strawberries and kiwi in a separate juicer and use only the extracts for blending. However, you may also consider mixing them all in one blending machine. Anyways, you can still strain the residues if you wish not to include those in your juice.
- Refrigerate your juice for 30 minutes and then add more ice to serve.
Apple and Kiwi Juice Recipe
This is a good pair for detoxifying your body from toxins you got from food intake and exposure to a polluted environment. Your unhealthy drinks may have contributed also. Fret not, because in one class, you can already fit in a drink for natural cleansing.
- 1 Kiwi fruit
- 1 Gala Apple (or any kind that has the sweetest taste)
- Choose between 1 celery stalk or 1/3 cucumber
HOW TO DO IT?
- Wash all the ingredients in a running water.
- Peel the kiwi and then cut into pieces. The same thing with the apple, cut them into sizes like that of the kiwi fruit. For the celery, you can cut them into long piece, but if you opted to use cucumber, just the length into circles.
- Get your juice extractor device and then process everything to get all their juices.
- Discard those pulps and only use the pure extracts.
- You can now add ice cubes to your glass. It is an option to add some lemon in order to improve its taste.
For more excitement, you may replace the apple with a pear for sweeter option. Adding spinach, carrot, mango, orange, berries is also a delicious move. Surely, you can have an improved flavor.
Why You Should Choose Kiwi Over Any Other Options
Indeed, there are many types of fruits to choose from when it comes to juicing. However, here are some good points on why you should pick a Kiwi Fruit:
- Boosting your immune system, vitamin C is a great weapon and as mentioned, you can get more amount of this vitamin from Kiwi than from oranges.
- It is very rich in lutein, which is described to be a potent antioxidant.
- Active ingredients from a kiwifruit can protect your cells from oxidative damages.
- Kiwi has a great color and of course, flavor.
- Even if you pick kiwi, you can still combine your other favorite fruits like grapes, apples, pineapples and lemons.
- It has a high water content, which is an essential source for hydration of your cells.
With all of these, you can explore more kiwi juicing recipes and experiment which ones are great to mix. Just always think that you are doing yourself a favor by depositing only beverages packed with health benefits.