Most people believe that juicing is only good for dieting. Those who are trying to lose weight are always motivated to go to the groceries and juice the fruits and veggies that are rich in fiber to help them with their proper digestion.
However, there is more to juicing.
It can also help you get rid of toxins in your body and it has an anti-inflammatory effects, which saves you from the joint pains due to arthritis. You should know that arthritis is one of the major causes of disabilities in the United States. Millions are already suffering from this, covering the global population.
Find out in the items below, which are available in your market and start collecting them even if you do not have yet arthritis. As the general rule, prevention is always better than cure.
- Legumes like whole grains of nuts and beans, including other seeds are the top on the list. You may not extract more juice from these food items, yet they are very delicious additives to your drink.
- To serve the purpose of the juice, do not forget the super foods that have high anti-inflammatory properties and to name a few, you should include in the mixture some garlic, ginger, beets, some berries, the green leafy veggies and the flavorful pineapple with some drops of green tea. Turmeric and onions are also great additives as well as purple grapes and the red cabbage.
- Arthritis can also be tamed with vitamin c rich foods, which include the greens like broccoli, kiwi fruit, and spinach. Of course, you can always add the juices of the all-time favorite citrus fruits.
- Carotene rich foods should not be taken out of the list as they also help your body in getting the needed boost to overcome manifestations of the illness. Include in your juicing activity some sweet potato, carrots, and squash.
Rules to Consider When Juicing
A few ingredients and a few kitchen utensils, you can already do the juicing for arthritis.
However, no matter how easy it will be done, there are still rules to follow when juicing. One of the most important rules is to keep an eye on the sugar content of the juice that you are making. The flavor is a priority, but if you are treating or at least just taming the manifestations of arthritis, yet leading your way to acquire diabetes, then you judge on how kind you are to yourself.
Even if these are natural sugars, it could still spike up the blood sugar content of your body. Just take note of that to avoid future complications.
Here are some rules to follow, a combination of the Do’s and Don’ts:
- If your schedule will allow it, juice twice a day. Aside from the sugar content that you need to monitor, check also the calories that you will be consuming per serving. This is what they call as wise eater. Be picky with the fruits and vegetables that you are consuming. Select those healthy ones with low calorie content. With that said, you can have a second thought on the tart cherry juice as it has been tagged to be a healthy option, but very high in calories.
- As much as possible, if you are good at playing with flavors, while juicing, packed your mixture with 80% of vegetables and 20% of fruits only. You can never underestimate the power of vegetables in giving your body the needed boost in order to conquer arthritis. Therefore, if vegetables do not taste good that much, use fruits to improve the taste. A powerful pineapple and orange juice will be great choices, while pears and apples are also great natural sweeteners.
- Not sure if you have taken note of the previous point raised. Spices are great picks when we talk about great sources of foods with anti-inflammatory properties. The good news is that you can also include them in your juicing activity. Adding these spices in your diet, especially in the juice you are imbibing everyday has been tested and proven by one of the studies featured in the Indian Journal of Pharmacology that it can really improve your body in dealing with the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
- Instead of getting the synthetic product, Ibuprofen, why not ingest in your body some turmeric juice and you will still gain the same effect in treating the pain of your osteoarthritis. However, according to the Clinical Interventions in Aging, a study revealed that it is never easy for the body to absorb turmeric, which is why nutritionists are recommending the addition of some flakes of pepper to help the body in the absorption activity.
- When juicing, right after all the ingredients have been added, drink the juice while it is still fresh. This is highly recommendable. No fresh juice will remain fresh where there is already too much exposure of it, even not in the open, but the temperature where you are keeping it also has an effect to its quality. Serve it instantly and you will reap freshness at its best.
- If you are taking medications, talk with your doctor on the planned juicing for arthritis. There are fruits and vegetable that may disrupt the effect of the drugs that you are taking in. Arthritis pain can be relieved by these prescribed drugs. In order to avoid complications, always seek medical advice.
As final words, in juicing for arthritis, consider everything that you will include and exclude in your drinks. Consider the tips mentioned above and always seek medical advice, especially those from the nutritionists as they have dedicated their lives just to help everyone stay healthy. In addition, make juicing for arthritis as fun as possible with your friends and family.
As soon as you can filter your ingredients, play with flavor, so that you will be inspired every day to prepare your drinks. By making some efforts in helping yourself treat the pain, you are also doing more to your overall health as juicing promises many positive effects.